And the suspenseful week of early notifications is now over.
I was deferred at one of my EA schools, and accepted at the other. I was a little disappointed when I checked my status for the first one on Thursday night, and a bit freaked out when the server overloaded and I had to refresh the page >9000 times. But the deferral wasn't anything completely unexpected. It's one of the top schools in the country, and probably THE top school for what I want to research/do, so I'm grateful I wasn't rejected outright. I'd expect only phenomenal genius students to get accepted EA, and I, unfortunately, am a more even and well-rounded person, and not completely outstanding in math or science or engineering.
On Friday night, however, my brother and I took a quick break from watching Powerthirst and Powerthirst 2 so that I could check my decision from the other university. And- Lo and Behold!- when I checked the update.....
It started: Dear Helena, Congratulations! And with that, I knew I would be devouring the rest of my acceptance information from one of my top choices of school. I promise you, the little victory/squeeee! jig that I performed, skidding across the kitchen floor, was tantamount to an atomic bomb in its energy and revelations. I'm still soaking it in; it's a little unbelievable, knowing that I've been accepted into one of the top ten universities in the nation. And I'm so excited. I hope the financial stuff will be sorted out, so my parents will let me go there instead of in-state.
Maybe I'll wait for my top choice school, but if they waitlist me or reject me, I'm going to my EA school in a heartbeat. I've already gotten the residence hall picked out! But I can't choose until I deposit, and I'm still waiting to hear back. I hope I don't have to wait till March...!
So I guess I'll have fun now, before my fun possibly dies. I just had my 18th birthday party last night, and got a pretty scarf, clothes, notebook, monehs, necklace string, gift cards, a bokuto, and....wait for it...a piano and vocals score for the movie, RENT! And then we made spring rolls and had pizza and pancakes. And then we played baseball with the grapefruit in my backyard. And then the party degenerated to SingStar/Karaoke, like all Asian parties. But it was pretty awesome.
______________
P. S. You wondering what school accepted me? I'll give you two hints: Fawkes, and this:

Congratulations! It certainly is a great feeling to be accepted EA.
ReplyDeleteBy chance, was the deferment from MIT?
Haha, yep, it was. Now I'm just playing the waiting game for March/April, but I'm very satisfied with my current options. And FRC season has started, so I'll have plenty to keep me busy!
ReplyDelete