We stalked him like some freakish nerdy paparazzi and managed to catch a few pics. He signed the back of my shirt and then *GASP* Signed our robot! We won matches afterwards. Like a boss.
On the field, our robot averaged at least two tubes and an ubertube in autonomous in each match, plus 6/8 successful minibot deployments. In fact, here is a picture of our robot deploying our minibot at Raleigh. It's minibot version 3, and deployment version 2, after figuring out our design kinda sucked at Palmetto. I'm proud to say I came up with many of the concepts used for the deployment and minibot.
I'm particularly happy with how well our drive team learned to work together. They were picking up tubes seconds after approaching them, and were working much more efficiently in this competition. This is a pic of the drive team queuing up before a match with the robot.
We got chosen by 281 and 1319 to be part of the 8th seated alliance for eliminations, and we gave the top seated alliance a good fight, though they won the third match and we were eliminated. A couple of weeks later, we did a robot demonstration at a local elementary school. The kids loved it, and several parents expressed interest in starting an FLL team. The next day, one of the kids was stopped at a stoplight when he saw Daniel (the non-Asian in the above picture, our driver) walking along the side of the road. The kid popped his head out of the window and waved the robotics button we had given to him. Makes me so happy.
Prom was also last weekend. I made my prom dress, as well as my date's corsage (doesn't my date look familiar? We're connected at the hip, it seems...too much in common...) I also got my nails did and my hurr done for the first time! I think it turned out well.
After prom, we decided not to go to the party as planned due to rumors of...ahem, certain liquids with hydroxyl properties...and went to Daniel's house instead, where we chatted with his mom and brother and fell asleep. Very exciting, yes. But yeah, prom was everything I anticipated and more, and certainly a lovely night to remember.

No comments:
Post a Comment