After many a grueling hour in the airport, I have finally entered Switzerland once more. Apparently I don't appear on my family's moving documents because I'll only be staying a month before I head back for the States. Baww I'm an orphan!
As you may have read on my Tumblr, my vacation in China was fantastic, though not as cheap as expected. At any rate, I've downloaded QQ to talk to all my new Chinese friends, and I FINALLY got my childhood dream to get off a plane in the UK, even if it was only for a two-hour layover in London-Heathrow airport. Aww.
So back to things that cost me...I've gained ten pounds. I blame the constant stream of my parents' friends in China taking us out to eat, and my cousin who can find the best street vendors, and the cheapness of dairy products (and chocolate!) in der Schweiz. But this isn't going to launch into confessional poetry; instead, I've lost two pounds already after finding out this disastrous news by biking with my dad to work, approximately 8 miles to and from. So yesterday was tiring, and this morning was pretty bad too. My bicycle isn't meant for urban stuff, and the narrow seat on the mountain bike means...well...yeah, I'm pretty sore when I get to the bottom of it all.
I found out I'm temporarily stationed in East Campus, First East for DME FPOP and orientation! Super excited, because this was my definite first choice of dorm. Also, as seen, I got accepted to the Discover Mechanical Engineering freshman pre-orientation program, so Imma be back in action building bots before school even starts! Who said I had to wait until kick-off? (note: I probably will be following the FIRST season anyways. Still a hardcore fan!) Plus I get to meet all of my awesome new friends in Cambridge.
It's been really weird these couple of days; I'm simultaneously really excited to be meeting all these new people and places, but I also feel kind of bad for wanting to leave the majority of the past eighteen years behind, in terms of contacts and comfort. But enough angst; I've only got one point five years left of being a teenager, and I don't want to spend it in emo-ness.
Well, it's good to be able to access stuff without proxying (or, as they call it in China, climbing over the wall [Great Firewall]), even if this temporary wireless card means I'm trying to use internet on my laptop on a FLIPPIN 2G CONNECTION MERLIN'S BEARD COULD THIS BE ANY SLOWER I HAVE ONE BAR WHAT IS THIS SKULDUGGERY
...
Ahem, right then. I've been spoiled. So in other news, I've applied for a position as an MIT admissions blogger! We'll wait to see how that goes, but I'm really hoping they'll accept me. I creep on the blogs regularly, and it won't take much more for me to blog for them regularly. It'll really give me even more incentive to blog errything, but I figure I'll continue blogging anyways, at the cost of slightly neglecting my poor diary. It seems like life has been one application after another...
AND I'm working on a legit new Matrix fanfiction called Anomaly over on fanfiction.net. I'm planning to post a 2000+ word chapter per month, which, at the moment, is going swimmingly. Look out for chapter 2 sometime this coming week. And keep reading my tumblr, if you like; I'll post snippets there a lot more often than I post blog posts, I think. To Life!
No comments:
Post a Comment