I went kayaking with my Freshman Advising Seminar several weekends ago. The Freshman advising seminar is a "course" that meets once or twice a week and mixes advising with fun projects. It's really fun, and there are many different seminars to choose from. I applied for and was accepted to Engineering, Art, and Science, and I definitely don't regret choosing it over traditional advising. My advisor lives in Lexington, so we went canoeing on the river there (I went kayaking, and it was fun.)
One of the people on my hall found a David Tennant cut out, and we had a good ol time putting him up around the stripper pole and sticking my sonic screwdriver out of his cardboard crotch. He's the hottest Doctor.
During DME, I also went to this iconic pastry place in the North End, which is the mainly Italian district, and bought a cannoli, which they're apparently known for. It's not really my thing, but the gelato the next day was phenomenal, though not from Mike's.

And last week our dorm went apple picking! So a group of five of us took back >50 apples, and here's my share, as well as a sturdy acorn squash that made a delicious baked dinner, and a bottle of cider which was likewise delicious. I've been making entirely too many apple cookies/muffin tops, and their presence on the hall's Free Food table has also made everyone very happy about warm cookies and baking-prone Asian girls.
A group of us went to Chameleon near Harvard a week ago, to get piercings and earrings and such. It just so happened that Oktoberfest was the same day (yeah, I know real Oktoberfest doesn't actually happen in October.)
I bought a silicon gauge. This isn't my first gauge; I didn't get to 00 by doing nothing. But it's the first one I've bought; before this, I was using gauges that my friends donated or various circular objects like a carved piece of candle wax or an icee straw. XD
I was walking across Killian one evening and had to snap a pic with my terrible night camera quality. 3.0 megapixels doesn't work with no flash. But it was rather stunning irl.
And another picture, from when I was heading back from dance troupe practice. (I'm doing a hip hop piece and Cell Block Tango from the musical Chicago, which I'm very excited about.)
This is what happened to my desk after psetting 18.02 until 4 AM. Bad decision to leave it to the night before.
This is a 4-day weekend for Columbus day, so I'm going to start on 18.02 now instead. Incidentally, MIT usually gives a day off for mysterious reasons once a month, jokingly called by us "suicide prevention day" to give us a break.
This is the view from the third floor bridge between 26 and the main corridor. I often travel by the willow trees on my way back to EC.
In memoriam of Steve Job's passing, a hack was done in Lobby 7 and Maseeh's clock tower. From Mass Ave, it really does look like an Apple store, with the glass and all.
This is the string of balloons stretching up to the fourth floor of TEP, a fraternity at MIT. It's notably not a normal frat, but greek life here is also very different from greek life anywhere else. I seriously considered joining a sorority, and I wish I was a guy so I could be in TEP. But I have friends in TEP, and a lot of girls spend time here too, so I can make that work out. I actually spent most of last night there before heading back to campus and meeting gentlemanly upperclassmen who totally hit on me. But that's another story.*
And to close it all up, I played tabletop gaming for the first time today with some friends at Harvard! We used the D&D Gamma World pack, and played a lighthearted game called Tacos and Donuts. Yeah, don't ask. Just know it was a lot of fun. Much lulz, cookies, and donuts were had. They're running a LARP next month, and I think I'm going to go to that too.
Also I like cats. Miso was sleeping in my room, and generally being adorable. And I was creeping and taking pictures of cats while they sleep. Oh man.
* So, there's a thing called the November Rule, which basically means that upperclassmen are not allowed to sketch on freshmen until at least November. This is to prevent freshmen from only making friends with an upperclassman and the upperclassman's friends, and then losing all said friends after a bad breakup. It's also to give the freshman more transition time, because people will and do change during college. Some say that this means no sex, some say it means no relationship, some say it means no feelings, some say it means abstinence (but who believes that). If an upperclassman is found having sex/relationship/and or feelings with a freshman, our floor has a Novembat used for Novembatting violators of the November rule. Unfortunately for me, I just so happen to really like a sophomore, and can't get involved for fear of him getting Novembatted. So I'm waiting for the November season premiere of Bones, and to get boned. Similarly, we'll joke to upperclassmen, "It's not November yet", if they're hitting on us. For some reason, lots of upperclassmen think I'm an upperclassman as well when they first meet me, so a good amount of my conversations have veered into flirting territory before I mention that I'm a freshman. Eh.
















No comments:
Post a Comment