23.2.11

Robot is finished!

And the robot is built and shipped! We finished late Monday night, around 10:00. Not even midnight! Be proud!
I did so much soldering at the last meeting...the encoders, pneumatics, pwms to sensors.....Gah. But I've gotten really good at soldering, so I guess it's okay.

Here's a picture of the finished robot:
And a picture of it holding a tube:

Whee! And here it is on the scale, which is even better:

And a closeup of the reading on the weight:
Yes, that reads 104.5! Hopefully our robot will not gain fifteen pounds in the crate. I think something feeds the robot while it's shipping. Dang.

We still need to add the minibot deployment system, as well as all of the programming. And we all know the code weighs about 5 pounds.

So now I have a mock trial competition this Saturday! Yay! I promise I will get a good night of sleep sometime this senior year...

Also, I just got two likely letters from top 20 colleges! I am so excited for all of these prospects. I think I will go read Popular Mechanics and make an Iron Man outfit to celebrate. While I'm sleeping.

Zzzzzzs...!

No comments:

Post a Comment